Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

Ramblings

Once again I apologize for being a terrible blogger. My summer schedule has really been hectic.
I am sitting in my favorite coffee shop in downtown Shawnee OK right now trying to study (emphasis on the TRYING)
I just finished a classic turkey sandwich and am sitting here listening to the chatter of old college friends re-uniting after the summer, smelling the smell of good coffee and hearing a small group of local musicians warm up for some live music they are going to be playing here tonight. Life is good right now. I put in a good days work, got some stuff organized. for my business and as always I have run into a couple friends that I have been able to chat with.
Such is life in a small town :) Not to small to be boring mind you! But still small enough to where you will most likely run into someone you know. Even if you don't know someones name you still usually recognize each other and can stop and chat for a bit. You probably know each other by names such as "He's that short guy that works at that one restaurant" Or in my case "It's the window washin guy"

In these cases my mind go's back to old western novels I have read in the past. In those books the cowboys names were never important. What was important was how hard a man could work and that he kept his word. A far cry from what help up as important these days.
Course this is just my humble opinion.
Don't mind me....
I'm just rambling.

1 comment:

  1. My theory is... better to ramble than say nothing at all. Glad you're hopping back on the blogging train!

    ReplyDelete