Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

Sesame Street, Pink panther and old movies.

Did anyone else watch Sesame street growing up? It was always one of my favorite things to watch as a kid!
I loved the muppet characters of Big bird, Snufalupagus, Oscar the Grouch, cookie monster and others.
Sadly sesame street is very different now. :( Where there were muppet skits of Bert and Ernie doing their rubber ducky songs, there is now computer animated stories of little fairy muppets. where there was Oscar the Grouch there is...Nothing. They removed ol Oscar from the show because he was to much of a negative influence.
Where there was once a Fuzzy monster gorging himself on delicious round treats there is a fuzzy monster making healthy choices about what to eat. It's silly how people think that TV shows need to take responsibility in raising kids where the parents let down.

Moving on.

I LOVE old cartoons! I was watching Pink Panther and Rocky and Bullwinkle earlier today.
Some other classics are Tom and Jerry, Any Loony Toons, Micky Mouse, Goofy, Donald Duck,
Ahh! I could sit for hours and watch those! Mindless running around and silly chases.
I found this old series on Netflix the other day and enjoyed them very much! If you have six plus minutes to spare you should watch this...Very enjoyable!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QNIMueWjG4

Pressing on.

Do you like old Movies? I have always been a huge fan of the Silver Screen.
I just finished watching an old Abbot and Costello movie. Those guys are funnier than any comic actors now days!
You don't find Actors now like you did back then. I have never seen actors better that Cary Grant and John Wayne...Jimmy Stuart was pretty good to.
Course I grew up on the Andy Griffith show and I love Lucy.

The only problem with old TV shows and movies is that they don't make em any more :/

1 comment:

  1. Wow. This is so true! I miss the old cartoons and movies that used to come on the TV reguarly. :(
    I am really happy to say that my family owns the whole collection of the Abbot and Costello series! They are a classic! As for the other old cartoons and such, I would love to have a collection of them too. :)

    ReplyDelete